Posted By: Admin 31 May, 2023
If there is a change in your travel plan, Lufthansa Airlines enables you to cancel a flight up to 24 hours prior to your scheduled departure with flexibility. You won’t be charged any cancellation fee for fully refundable tickets like Business Flex. On the other hand, for a non-refundable ticket, you won’t be able to cancel your flight according to Lufthansa’s flight cancellation policy.
Lufthansa Terms and Conditions Cancellation
Before canceling your Lufthansa flight, reviewing the airline’s cancellation policy is important. This policy outlines the fees associated with cancellations and the amount of refund you may be eligible to receive. Familiarizing yourself with this policy beforehand can help you better understand your options for cancellation.
- If you use rapid reward points for your booking and decide to cancel, you will get a refund in your loyalty account.
- The return amount will be refunded through the payment method used while booking the ticket.
- Visiting the airport allows canceling a flight without incurring fees up to seven days before the scheduled departure.
- You have the option to cancel both refundable and non-refundable tickets. If you do cancel, you’ll receive a travel fund as a refund. This fund can be used within one year from the date of cancellation.
Lufthansa 24 Hours Cancellation Policy
It is common for travel plans to change unexpectedly. Passengers can use the web portal to cancel and request a refund for their flight booking within 24 hours of booking.
- Lufthansa allows free cancellation within 24 hours. However, refunds depend on the ticket purchased by the passenger.
- You are entitled to a full refund if you cancel a reservation within 24 hours.
- The Lufthansa 24-hour cancellation policy applies to all fares and classes.
- You can get a refund for the cancellation within 7-10 days.
- It’s important to know that if you buy a Lufthansa flight with loyalty club points, it does not cover a 24-hour cancellation policy.
- If you have booked a reservation as a group with Lufthansa, their 24-hour cancellation policy does not apply. Instead, the cancellation policy for group fares will be in effect.
- If you book a Lufthansa Airlines flight using airline miles and a reward bonus, the 24-hour ticket cancellation policy does not apply.
- If you cancel a flight within 24 hours of booking the ticket and seven days before the scheduled departure date, you can do so without incurring additional fees or taxes.
- You can visit the ‘Manage Booking’ section online to cancel your ticket within 24 hours.
What are the other Conditions of Lufthansa Flight Cancellation:
- You can cancel a Lufthansa flight through the official website or by visiting the airport.
- You can cancel your Lufthansa Airlines flight online through their website, regardless of whether you bought the ticket from any travel agency or any other website.
- It is important to cancel the Lufthansa Airlines flight within the given timeframe to receive a refund.
- You need to submit a request to get a refund for a canceled Lufthansa flight. If you bought the ticket from any third party, you should contact them directly to request a refund.
How do I cancel my Lufthansa flight online?
If you want to cancel a booking with Lufthansa Airlines and are confused about the procedure. Then, you can follow these steps to cancel your Lufthansa flight online:
- First, browse the Lufthansa Airlines website.
- Now, click “Login” on the extreme right. Enter the login details.
- Now click on “My Bookings.”
- Then, enter the passenger’s reference number and full name.
- Then, choose the ticket you want to cancel.
- Confirm your cancellation by clicking on the cancel button.
- Check for the confirmation email.
How do I cancel my Lufthansa Flight on Call?
- To reach Lufthansa flight cancel via telephone.
- Dial +1 (516) 738-4422 and Listen a virtual assistance voice.
- Press the right key to speak to the representative at Lufthansa.
- Then, give the details like your surname and booking code, and the representative will help you to cancel your ticket.
- Afterward, confirm the flight you want to cancel. Your flight booking will be canceled.
- At last, you’ll receive a confirmation email. The ticket amount will be refunded to your bank account.
Lufthansa Cancellation Policy Due to the sudden death or Serious Illness.
According to Lufthansa’s cancellation policy, if the passenger is unable to board a flight due to sudden illness or the passing of a close family member. The passenger is permitted to reschedule your travel date until you can travel again. However, canceling your flight may not be an option.
Lufthansa Airlines Refund Policy
- If passengers request to cancel their ticket within 24 hours, they can receive a full refund. However, the cancellation should be before 7 days of departure.
- The airline will charge a cancellation fee of $200 after 24 hours of reservation.
- Lufthansa’s cancellation policy applies to flights booked online, on call, or at the ticket counter and also to both restricted and non-restricted fares.
- The unused portion of the ticket, you can use it to book a new flight within 365 days departed date.
- You can expect to receive a refund within the next 2-3 business days.
- You are entitled to a full refund if the airline cancels the flight.
- Lufthansa will only refund the airline surcharges and taxes, but cancellation fees may apply.
- If you miss your outbound flight and are marked as a ‘no-show,’ Lufthansa will automatically cancel your return flight request.
- Remember that Lufthansa’s cancellation policy only applies to Lufthansa flights. If multiple carriers are involved in your reservation, the applicable fare rules will apply in the event of a flight cancellation.
How to get a Refund from Lufthansa?
Are you seeking a refund from Lufthansa Airlines? Would you like to know the simple and effective steps to get a refund from Lufthansa?
If so, please review the following easy-to-follow instructions:
- Firstly, go to the official website of Lufthansa Airlines.
- Secondly, navigate to the “Contact Us” tab.
- Then, find the number and dial it.
- Next, listen to the IVR and choose the suitable option.
- Provide the details of your ticket.
- At last, submit a request to get the refund, and your issue will be resolved.
What is the Lufthansa Cancellation Fee?
If you have a refundable fare with Lufthansa and cancel your flight. You will surely receive a refund. However, Lufthansa will deduct a cancellation fee from the refund amount. The remaining fare value will be returned to the original payment method. You can find the cancellation fee for the different classes below:
Economy cancellation fees:
|Basic and Saver
|Basic Plus I
Premium Economy cancellation fees:
|Basic Plus II
Business Class cancellation fees
|Basic Plus II
First Class cancellation fees
|Basic Plus II
Lufthansa Cancelled Flight Compensation In Case of Delayed Flights
Here is a description of Lufthansa’s policy for flight cancellations and compensation for delayed flights. A Lufthansa flight is considered delayed if a minimum of postpones the scheduled departure time:
- If the flight distance is over 3500 km, Lufthansa will cancel the flight. The airline will provide a compensation of 725 USD.
- If your Lufthansa flight is between 1500 and 3500 kilometers and gets canceled, you may be eligible for flight compensation of USD 500.
- If your flight with Lufthansa is up to 1,500 Km and gets canceled, you may be eligible for compensation under USD 300.
To claim the compensation amount, passengers must fill out the canceled flight compensation form provided by Lufthansa.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I Cancel my Lufthansa Ticket?
You can cancel your Lufthansa flight up to 24 hours before departure, but refunds and charges vary based on your ticket type and timing of cancellation.
Is it Easy to Get a Refund from Lufthansa?
If you bought your ticket through lufthansa.com or a Lufthansa Office, you'll receive your refund automatically, and no additional action is required.
What is Lufthansa 24 hour policy?
If you book a Lufthansa flight at least seven days in advance, you can enjoy the benefit of free cancellation within 24 hours, even if your ticket is non-refundable.
How long are Lufthansa Refunds Taking?
If you purchased eligible tickets from Lufthansa by credit card, you can expect a refund within seven days, while those purchased by cash or check may take up to 20 days. Please note that due to a high volume of refund requests, there may be delays in processing.
Does Lufthansa pay Compensation?
If your Lufthansa flight arrived at least three hours late, was canceled, or caused you to miss a connecting flight, you can fill out this form to check if you are eligible for compensation.
What are Non-Refundable Flight Tickets?
Non-refundable airline tickets are cheaper. If you cancel, you can use it again but with a change fee. Tickets cannot be transferred and must be used by the person whose name is on the original ticket.
Lufthansa Airlines Official Links: