Posted By: Admin 21 Jul, 2022
What is Spirit Airlines Unaccompanied Minor?
Is it essential for your child to travel solo with Spirit Airlines for any reason? If true, you may trust Spirit airlines unaccompanied minor service as they guarantee your child’s safety and security throughout the entire flight.
Spirit Airlines is a trusted & and affordable carrier that assists your child in safely reaching the destination. So, it is advised to stay with us until the end. You can look into the complete unaccompanied minor policy of Spirit Airlines via this informative post. If you are finding the complete information on Spirit Airlines Unaccompanied Minor program, you should call one of the travel agents at Spirit Customer Service.
Who Can Fly as an Unaccompanied Minor on Spirit Airlines?
Spirit Airlines says child is flying only on domestic flights. However, the airlines don’t permit unaccompanied minors to fly on domestic flights, including connecting flights, aircraft changes, and international flights. Now, you must check out the following Spirit unaccompanied minor age to fly on Spirit Airlines.
4 Years and Younger
- Children four years and younger are not permitted to travel solo with Spirit Airlines.
- Even if they must travel, an adult passenger of 15 years and above must accompany them on board the flight.
The Age Group of 5-14 Years
- Children ages 5-14 years are allowed to fly alone with Spirit Airlines as unaccompanied minors.
- They don’t require an adult passenger of 15 years and above to accompany them on board the flight.
15 Years and Older
- Spirit Airlines permits children of 15 years and older to fly solo even if they don’t apply for unaccompanied minor service.
- However, they can be treated as unaccompanied minors at the request of their legal guardian or parents.
- It is a must for children of this age group to show ID proof at the airport at the request of Spirit Airlines.
You must note that Spirit Airlines only permits unaccompanied minors to fly on direct domestic flights. Now, you should look into the guidelines before booking a Spirit Airlines Unaccompanied Minor flight ticket.
What are the Guidelines to Fly as Spirit Airlines Unaccompanied Minor?
Before booking a flight for your child, it is a must to go through the guidelines of Spirit Airlines for unaccompanied minors.
- Spirit Airlines release unaccompanied minors only to authorized people after checking their Government issued photo id.
- Minors are permitted pre-boarding so the flight attendant can identify them as unaccompanied minors.
- When you are booking a flight for your child, it is a must to inform Spirit Airlines that the booking is to be made for an unaccompanied minor.
- You should reach at least 60 minutes before departure.
- It is a must to fill out the spirit unaccompanied minor form at the airport. Unaccompanied minors must wear the lanyard provided by the airline.
- As a parent or legal guardian, you must stay at the gate for 15 minutes while dropping off your child.
To get further information regarding Spirit Airlines Unaccompanied Minor, you are suggested to talk to a live person by dialing a Spirit Customer Service Number.
How to Book a Spirit Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Flight?
Spirit Airlines makes it easy to book a ticket for an unaccompanied minor for its valuable travelers. You must follow some easy steps to book a flight for your child with Spirit Airlines.
Through the Official Website of Spirit Airlines
- Firstly, go through Spirit official website www.spirit.com.
- Secondly, enter the original and destination, travel date on the Homepage.
- Choose the total number of passengers. Now, you will be asked to enter the minor’s birth date to confirm the unaccompanied travel.
- Now, you must pay 100 USD per passenger to book an unaccompanied minor ticket with Spirit Airlines.
- Choose your flight and enter the passenger’s name, same as on the photo ID, passport, or birth certificate, so you can check in at the airport hassle-free.
- Next, you need to confirm the booking by paying the fee.
- Remember to arrive at least 60 minutes before the flight’s departure. It will help you to complete all the formalities before your departure.
Via Spirit Airlines Phone Number
Another alternative to booking a flight for your child is to dial Spirit Airlines Helpline Number. You should follow the steps below-mentioned to confirm your child’s booking offline.
- First, dial the Spirit Airlines Reservations Phone Number to talk to a live person at the airline.
- Once the call connects, inform the executive that you want to book a flight for an unaccompanied minor.
- Next, follow IVR instructions to book your child’s flight.
- Make the payment to confirm your booking.
- At last, wait to get a confirmation mail from Spirit Airlines.
If you have faced issues while booking a Spirit Airlines Unaccompanied Minor ticket, you should get a human by dialing Spirit Airlines Customer Service Number
Documents Required for Unaccompanied Minors
- Travel Documents of the unaccompanied minor.
- Valid Passport
- Proof of relationship between person accompanying and the child.
What is the Spirit Unaccompanied Minor Fee?
If you are booking a reservation for your child, you must know unaccompanied minor service fee. Spirit Airlines charges 100 USD per passenger each way. And, you must know Spirt Airlines doesn’t allow unaccompanied minors to fly on international flights.
Here is the one-way and round-trip fee of Spirit Airlines for unaccompanied minors.
- One-way service fee – 100 USD (Flights within the U.S.)
- Round-trip service fee– 200 USD (Flights within the U.S.) If you are still looking for additional info associated with Spirit Airlines Unaccompanied Minor, you may get a human at Spirit Airlines Customer Service.
Does Spirit allow children to travel alone?
Yes. Children aged 5-14 years are permitted to fly alone with Spirit Airlines. However, they are not allowed to connecting flights, international flights, or domestic flights that contain a scheduled aircraft change.
Can a 14 year old Fly Alone on Spirit Airlines?
Spirit Airlines permits children of the age group 5 – 14 years to fly alone only as Unaccompanied Minors under some terms and conditions. However, Children aged 15 years and older may fly alone without restrictions with Spirit Airlines.
Will Spirit ask for a birth certificate?
Yes! It is a must to carry all the required documents when flying as an unaccompanied minor on Spirit Airlines. You must prepare to show the birth certificate, passport, etc., for two years old or younger children.
Can I travel without an ID on Spirit Airlines?
Children of 18 years or older must show a valid U.S. federal photo Identification while checking in at the airport.
Spirit Airlines Related Blogs