Posted By: Admin 7 Mar, 2023
How Do I Select Seats On JAL ?
Have you made your flight reservation with JAL and wish to select your desired seat? If yes, then you must know that the airline may or may not be charged for the Japan Airlines seat selection as per the rules.
Moreover, the airline understands the needs & requirements of its travelers, so the seat selection is available up to 20 minutes before your flight’s scheduled departure time. Selecting seats when booking your flights is considered the best.
In this blog, you will find the terms & conditions of the seat selection on Japan Airlines that you need to know to select your preferred seat. Further, read the information given below carefully to have a better understanding of the same.
Terms & Conditions Of Japan Airlines Seat Selection
- Passengers with First class, Business class, Premium class, or Economy class on JAL with the normal or discounted fare are able to make Japan Airlines free seat selection.
- Besides, passengers with award tickets can also make free seat selections.
- However, the seats available might be limited for specified fare types, need Award tickets, and the location from where the tickets were booked.
- As the seats are limited, it may happen that you do not get your desired seats.
- Moreover, there are some situations where seat selection is unavailable, like when all the seats available for advance seat assignment are sold out already and for Deutsche Bahn rail segments.
- You can pick your seats at the time of booking a domestic flight on the JAL website or by calling its customer service. It is free of charge.
- Apart from this, if you wish to get extra legroom, then you have to pay for the service. However, it is not applicable to all types of fare.
- According to the Japan Airlines seat selection policy, you may need to pay for seat selection if you have a reservation with economy class (B/H/K/M/L/V/S/O/T/Q/N).
- In addition, if you have membership in JMD Diamond, JGC Premier, JMB Crystal, JMB Sapphire, One World Tier Stats, and JAL Global Club. Consequently, you are able to select the extra legroom without paying anything to the airline.
- Similarly, you can talk to the airline’s customer service department to book additional legroom seats to accompany travelers traveling with status members.
- Japan Airlines Seat Selection policy permits seat allocation for all travel classes, including award tickets and discounted fares holders.
- On the other hand, the emergency exit row seats are limited to passengers satisfying each circumstance.
- Additionally, the exit row seats can be re-selected on the date of departure without a refund when the passengers do not meet the safety criteria.
- Also, if you purchased the flight tickets with class Y, you can choose an extra legroom seat free of cost.
How Can I Make Japan Airlines Seat Selection?
There are various ways to choose a seat on JAL, and you can choose your preferred seat online and offline by connecting to the reservation department. Further, you can follow the below steps for Japan Airlines booking seats:
Select Your Seats On JAL Through Official Website:
- Firstly, you need to go to the official website of JAL.
- Secondly, move to the “View My Reservation” option on the homepage.
- Then, select the “My Reservation” option under view my reservation.
- After that, you need to enter the date of departure, booking number, and first and last name. Then, click on the “View My Reservation” tab.
- With this, you will get a list of your booked flights on JAL.
- Here, you need to select the flights for which you wish to choose your desired seats.
- Now, you can view all the flight segments and can choose a seat for all flights which come under the same reservation by choosing the link seat assignment.
- Next, you can choose your desired seats from the available ones. However, make sure that you agree to the terms & conditions to make a seat selection for your booking.
Besides, the airline may block some seats which cannot select through the online process. In addition, the blocked seats are booked for full-fare First Class customers. However, if you wish to select those seats, then you need to connect with the JAL representatives at the airport.
Select Your Seats On JAL Through Customer Service:
If you are unable to use the above method, then you can opt for an offline method to select your Japan Airlines preferred seats. In addition, follow the given below steps carefully:
- First, you need to dial the Japan Airlines reservation department number.
- Then, you need to select the desired language by following the instructions over the call.
- Further, you need to choose the ideal option to reach your call to the airlines’ representatives.
- When your call will connect, you can seek assistance to book your desired seats.
How Much Is The Japan Airlines Seat Selection Fee?
Now, you are familiar with the process of selecting your seats. Travelers can select their desired seats for free while making a flight reservation for a domestic flight through the official website. However, they have to pay the charges for seat selection after booking. Now, you need to know the Japan Airlines seat selection fee criteria with the help of the table below.
|Japan and Europe/ North America/ India/ Australia
||10, 000 JPY
|Japan and SouthEast Asia (Excluding Manila)<
|Japan and East Asia, Guam, Manila, and Vladivostok (Russia).
||4, 000 JPY
Passengers with a Sapphire, Cristal, Diamond, Global club, and One World Tier Status won’t need to pay for a seat selection fee on Japan Airlines for selecting an extra legroom seat. Additionally, passengers with Y-class booking do not need to pay any charges to select a seat at JAL.
Using the above information, you can select your seat on JAL. Besides, you need to connect with them directly if you book your flights via a third party. For any query or issue, you can dial the helpline number on this website 24/7.