Posted By: Admin 28 Oct, 2021
It isn’t easy to travel with pets, and it might be difficult to obtain reliable information regarding the airline’s policies and pricing. This post will address the majority of your concerns concerning delta airlines pet policy. Scroll down to learn more.
Delta Airlines Pet Policy
Delta enables dogs and cats to be carried by plane or as “special” cargo depending on their size and where they are headed. You must be aware of certain regulations and procedures ahead of time. Some are unique to airplanes since not every aircraft can transport animals. Some of these are destination-specific because Delta travels to so many countries throughout the world. In terms of pets, each country has its own set of rules.
But, first and foremost, the question is can you bring dogs on delta airlines? Yes, it is true! In Atlanta, Delta Airlines is a prominent American airline that accepts dogs for air and freight travel. Let’s take a look at delta airlines pet policy to see how you may fly with your pet in luxury.
Pet Requirements Delta
- The cage must first fit beneath the seat in front of you.
- Pet cages should have adequate ventilation and sealing. Also, always verify the size of your flight seat under the seat in front of you.
- Contact Delta airlines booking to find out what your maximum carry-on luggage size is. Otherwise, you can get in touch with the airline for further information.
- Pets must be housed in-cabin cages, Delta boarding areas, or Delta airport lounges, and doors must be securely shut.
- Domestic travel requires pets to be at least 10 weeks old.
- Your pet must be at least 16 weeks old to travel to the United States from another country and 15 weeks old to travel inside the European Union.
- Even if your pet is travelling as carry-on luggage, pet costs apply.
- In case of domestic travel, travelers are allowed with only one pet/dog (condition apply).
Delta Airlines in Cabin Pet Policy
- Airline accepts customers with small pets (dogs, cats, and fowl) on most flights between the United States, Canada, the Virgin Islands, and Puerto Rico. Delta accepts customers with small pets (dogs, cats, and fowl).
- Pets must be small enough to fit comfortably in the carrier beneath the seat in front of them and be at least 16 weeks old when flying to the United States from another nation, and at least 15 weeks old when traveling from the European Union.
- Each airline allows one pet per passenger. Domestic flights within the United States, where cats or dogs aged ten weeks to 6 months are traveling with pets, are exempt.
- Trip plans completely determine the cost of flying with dogs.
- For flights to and from the United States, Puerto Rico, and Canada there is a $125 per charge. There is a USD 200 pet charge in the Virgin Islands and outside the United States. It costs $75 per pet in Brazil.
Delta Airlines Pet Policy International
Please educate yourself with the strict restrictions regarding delta airlines international pet travel policy if you are traveling abroad with pets. Warm-blooded animals will no longer be accepted in the hold on Delta and Delta Cargo aircraft with an average flight length of more than 12 hours, as they were previously. Before you leave:
- To find out the rules for moving your pet, contact the embassy or consulate of your destination country.
- Obtain the appropriate travel papers for your pet (e.g. medical certificate and documentation).
- Consult your local veterinarian to verify that your dogs are up to date on international health requirements.
- Please notify the CDC if you are bringing pets into the United States and then Inquire with APHIS regarding international animal export rules. It will pop up in a new tab.
- There may be additional fees and charges. The shipper or pet owner will be charged a terminal service cost, customs, veterinary services, and/or child care storage fee in addition to the shipping price when they arrive at the destination airport.
- However, Prior to the discharge of the pet, all fees and charges must be paid in full.
- Book your pet’s travel with Delta Cargo if your pet is too large to be transported as carry-on luggage or if your pet cannot fly to the destination country.
Delta Airlines Pet Policy to Hawaii
Dogs and cats must be transported as checked baggage or cargo rather than carry-on luggage because they must be brought to quarantine immediately upon arrival. A 120-day quarantine is required in Hawaii, although it can be lowered to less than a month if all medical conditions are met on time. Within 10 days of departure, pets must present a rabies diagnostic certificate and other paperwork.
Dogs and cats must go to Honolulu on their carriers because Delta does not participate in the Dog and Cat Islands Entry Program.
What is Delta Airlines Carry on Pet Policy?
- Except for a few places you can easily carry dogs, cats, and birds aged ten weeks or older going to the United States, Canada, or Puerto Rico.
- Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, or Brazil are all viable options. Reservations are necessary for advancement, and seating is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Their is limitation on the number of dogs to take in carry-on luggage, and allocation varies depending on seat/ticket class.
- You can use either a hard or a soft carrier, but your pet must be able to stand or lay comfortably in it.
- Carriers must also be able to fit beneath the front seat and confirm the size of the individual aircraft with Delta.
- During the flight, puppies and kittens must remain in the landing and rest zones and the carrier.
Delta Airlines Esa Pet Policy
Due to new US Department of Transportation limitations, the number of emotional service animals allowed on board may vary by airline beginning January 11, 2021.
Delta only accepts trained guide dogs of any breed, according to their website. Customers with emotional service animals are unable to arrange additional excursions. Customers who desire to travel with their dogs must adhere to Delta’s Pet Travel Policy.
Delta Airlines Pet Cargo Policy
Animals that are too large to go onboard or transferred without their owners may be transported as cargo by Delta Cargo. Domestic pet shipments with Delta Cargo may only be scheduled up to 14 days in advance of departure. Pets cannot travel on the same flight or itinerary as humans, and pets must disembark at the Delta Cargo destination. Three hours prior to departure. Contact Delta Customer service at +1-802-231-1806X for more details.
Delta Airlines Pet Policy Military
If traveling on a valid transfer order, U.S. Department of State and Foreign Affairs personnel may check dogs as luggage at an extra expense. At least 48 hours before your flight, you or your spouse must check your pet as checked baggage. Pets must abide by federal standards, including providing necessary documentation and adhering to all applicable laws and procedures.
Delta Airlines Pet Policy Service Dogs
Delta is only accepting guide dogs and psychiatric service dogs. They are no longer accepting service dogs or any other service animal on Delta flights. Non-dog pets, therefore, are subject to pet rules and costs.
Beginning January 11, 2021, Delta will no longer accept Emotional service Dogs (ESA) orders and this is the delta airlines pet policy change. The ADA and ACA laws only apply to service dogs, and a maximum of two trained service dogs are allowed to fly with each customer.
Other Related Articles with Delta Airlines