Posted By: Admin 24 Feb, 2021
Alaska Airlines commits to take proper care of your pets during the flight. Traveling with pets can be exciting and fun; therefore, the airline has designed its pet policy to accept passengers with pets on the plane in certain conditions.
Guidelines on Alaska Airlines Pet Policy
If you have made your trip plans with your pet, you are requested to go through the following important guidelines on Alaska Airlines pet policy to avoid unnecessary inconvenience at the airport.
- You are eligible to travel with a pet in the cabin only if you are 18 or more years of age.
- The airline allows small pets (dogs, cats, rabbits, and small birds) to travel in the cabin with a combined weight of the carrier and a pet of 9 kg.
- Your dog or cat should be at least eight weeks old to travel in the cabin.
- The pet fee of Alaska Airlines for both ways is $100.
- You may travel with two similar species of the same size. However, your pet must remain in the carrier during the whole trip.
- Your pet cannot occupy a seat by itself.
- If your pet shows any offensive behavior like excessive howling, barking, and growling, you will not be allowed to board the plane.
- The airline does not accept Brachycephalic or short-nosed pets to fly on Alaska Airlines.
- It is important for your pet to have a proper medical checkup by a licensed doctor, otherwise, you won’t be allowed to travel with your pet.
- You must submit the following health-related certificate stating that your pet was inspected no more than ten days before the scheduled flight departure. Also, you should have a combined health and rabies certificate for your pet.
- Your pet should look healthy and free from an infectious or contagious illness.
Dog and Cat Breed Restrictions
Under Alaska Airlines Pet Policy, only limited breeds of dogs and cats are allowed to fly in the main cabin and cargo.
- Dogs – The airline accepts the following breeds to travel in the main cabin including American Pit Bull, American Staffordshire Terrier, Boston Terrier, Pug, Shih Tzu, Japanese Pug, Bull Terrier, Chow Chow, Dutch Pug, French Bulldog, Boxer, Brussels Griffon, Mastiff, English Bulldog, English Toy Spaniel, Japanese Boxer, and Pekingese.
- Cats – Burmese, Exotic Shorthair, Persian, and Himalayan cat breeds can travel on the plane.
Your pet can only board the plane if he/she meets the requirements of Alaska airlines pet policy in cabin and cargo. If you have any doubt or query regarding the airline’s pet policy, call on the customer care number and resolve your issues with an immediate reply and effective solutions.
See More Post:
Alaska Airlines Reservations
Aeromexico Pet Policy
American Airlines Pet Policy
Southwest Airlines Sale $69